What are the EV charger requirements?
The EV charger(s) must meet these requirements.
- Be a dual DC fast charger with CHAdeMO and SAE CCS connector options.
- Be networked and capable of session usage data collection. Equipment and network must have remote diagnostics and be capable of “remote start.”
- Be new equipment installed for the first time at the corresponding site address on the application. Resale units, rebuilt, rented, received from warranty insurance claims, won as a prize or new parts installed in existing units do not qualify.
- Can deliver electricity to a plug-in electric vehicle at a minimum rate of 50 kilowatts.
- Use an open standard protocol as a basic framework for purposes of network interoperability.
- Accept a form of credit card payment, be it a card reader, app, or toll-free number.
- Be approved by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) program for EVSE testing and certification.