What are the EV charger requirements?
The EV charger(s) must:
- Be a hardwired Level 2 device.
- Be new equipment installed for the first time, hardwired on a wall or pedestal mounting at the corresponding site address. Resale units, rebuilt, rented, received from warranty insurance claims, won as a prize or new parts installed in existing units do not qualify.
- Utilize the SAE J1772 charging connector.
- Be networked, which is defined as a charger connected to a backend network operations center.
- Be capable of delivering electricity to a plug-in electric vehicle at a minimum rate of 6.2 kilowatts.
- Have 1-10 ports per site. A maximum of 10 ports per site location can be rebated by FCIP.
- Use an open standard protocol as a basic framework for purposes of network interoperability.
- Be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Be approved by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) program for EVSE testing and certification.