What are the charger/installation site types?
Charger/installation site types refer to the following:
- New: No electrical infrastructure is in place. Conduit installation is acceptable.
- Stub-out: Includes at least 2-inch minimum spare conduit run with pull rope that is sized, installed and located per the National Electrical Code for future installation of wiring supporting up to a 480-volt AC, 4-wire, 125-kilowatt (kW) load.
- Replacement/Make-ready: Existing site wired with all the electrical infrastructure needed to support the installation of EV charging.
- For Level 2 chargers: replacements are allowed only for non-networked EV chargers or older inductive (such as paddle-style) EV chargers.
- For DC fast chargers: replacements are allowed only for non-networked units, units capable of delivering up to 40 kW, or units with only one connector (CHAdeMO or CCS) type.