What are the applicant requirements?
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements and other provisions as required.
- Submit an application prior to purchasing and installing equipment and before rebate funds run out; design, engineering, and utility service requests costs are eligible costs if incurred after March 28, 2019. Equipment purchased or installed prior to an application will not be eligible to receive a rebate. All project costs, other than design, engineering, and utility service request costs, must be incurred after the Funds Reserved date.
- Be an authorized representative of a qualified site. The project defines an authorized representative as a site owner or an individual who has received permission from the site owner to apply on behalf of a qualified site. Authorized representatives must submit a complete Site Verification Form within 5 calendar days of applying. Failure to provide Site Verification Form within 5 calendar days of application date will result in application cancellation.
- Be a business or government entity that is based in California or has a California-based affiliate at the time of application.
- California businesses and non-California business entities that conduct intrastate business in California and are required to register with the California Secretary of State must do so and be in good standing in order to receive a rebate. If not currently registered, applicants should contact the Secretary of State’s office as soon as possible. For more information, visit the Secretary of State’s website.
- Businesses that are sole proprietorships or operating as DBA (Doing Business As) or under a fictitious business name, assumed business name or trade name cannot apply as a business and must instead apply as a sole proprietor.